Feb 1, 2009

Selam


Selam.
It is one of my favorite words. It is noun, interjection, verb and adverb. It means Greetings/ hey/ peace (peace in respects to the state of mutual harmony not as in goodbye) In Amharic and Tigrinya, two Ethiopian Semitic languages.  Semitic is an adjective “derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah”. The family tree of Semitic includes but not limited to Akkadian, Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Ge'ez, Hebrew, Maltese, Phoenician, Tigre and Tigrinya.
You might also be familiar with the Arabic greeting phrase salaam aleykum…I believe it means along the lines of good day (excuse my ignorance).
There I have passed on to you my warm greetings my fellow bloggers, welcome aboard to thus, that I call, Home to The Open and Expressive Minds.
I’m aboard to share and express my opinions and views, as clearly as I can (it’s a learning in progress). At times I feel I have a plenty to say, yet it is to be seen if i keep this up to date within a timely manner.
I’m very open and very interested to a wide spectrum of topics and issues, from poverty, politics, religion, poetry, culture, sexuality etc. If you feel or find my opinion and view ignorant, biased or straying from what you believe is the truth; I suggest you not to reach your boiling point, rather feel appreciated to share your own side and talk me down. I will always be humbled for your constructive responses as we all learn from each other and grow together. After all this is just Daniel’s view.

Dani.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/01/2009

    Not so bad...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that my first comment to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/02/2009

    Hey bro, I digg your holistic approach to unity via your blog. See you in D.C.! Peace and much respects - you're a great writer!

    ReplyDelete